Look, we get it: wearable tech is big business these days. We also get that childhood obesity is a serious problem. That’s why it’s literally no surprise that the folks at Leapfrog are jumping on the nascent child wearables bandwagon with the…
Those longstanding rumors of Sprint hoping to buy T-Mobile USA may soon come to fruition: Bloomberg sources claim that Sprint has met with six lending banks in preparation for a takeover bid. There aren’t any financing deals in place just yet,…
What’s that odd shape, you ask? That’s the world’s thinnest nanowire — and it could be the key to a future wave of flexible devices. In blasting single-layered, semiconducting materials with an electron beam, Vanderbilt University student Junhao Lin…
Clients mount the POSIX-compatible file system using a Linux kernel client. On March 19, 2010, Linus Torvalds merged the Ceph client into Linux …
In Linux, I would simply use tail -f 'location of file' (without quotations) to monitor the file as new lines are added. In Windows, typing tail into command …
Fans of Nova Launcher and WidgetLocker have long had support for bubble-style unread counts on some app icons thanks to TeslaUnread. The newest beta version of this app includes preliminary support for a ton of new apps, but you’ll have to opt into the beta.
Here’s the changelog, which is mostly just a list of newly supported apps.
- Hangouts (requires Hangouts v2.1)
- Notification Bar Watcher (Android 4.3+)
- Extract unread counts from Notification Bar notifications from virtually any app
- Facebook (Experimental, unsupported on HTC Sense)
- Press RSS (Experimental)
- Many bug fixes and optimizations
- Fixed FCs (4/29/14)
There are some caveats, of course, but this should make those little bubbles much more useful.
- Nova Launcher And TeslaUnread Updated With Support For More Unread Notifications
- Nova Launcher Updates With Jelly Bean 4.2 Compatibility, Quick Settings, And Other Goodies
- Nova Launcher Reaches Version 2.2, Introduces Custom Dock Styles, Unread Badge Styles, And New Scroll Effects
- Tip: Using WidgetLocker? It Has A Secret ‚Experimental‘ Settings Menu, Too
New Beta Version Of TeslaUnread Adds Unread Counts For Hangouts, Whatsapp, BBM, Outlook, And More was written by the awesome team at Android Police.
If you’ve ever searched a computer’s apps or settings, you know how frustrating it can be to guess the keywords you’ll need to get a result — why can’t you just say what you want and let the PC figure it out? Microsoft must have asked itself that…
The perks for Windows Phone 8.1’s early users just keep on coming. Microsoft has posted versions of two desktop Windows 8.1 apps, Movie Moments and Reading List, that are built solely for its new mobile OS. Reading List is arguably the bigger of the…
To install Open-as-Administrator in Ubuntu 14.04/13.10/13.04/12.10/12.04/Linux Mint 16/15/14/13 open Terminal (Press Ctrl+Alt+T) and copy the …
I love to drive. No, seriously. I’m someone who actually enjoyed commuting to work, back before I landed my first gig putting words on the web. I’ll gladly run to the grocery store to knock a few items off our shopping list, then sometimes head back on the same day to pick up something we forgot. If a friend lives less than two hours away, then they’re local. Let’s hang out this weekend.
- [New App] Automatic App Comes To Android Eager To Help Drivers Save Money On Gas ($99 Dongle Required)
- [Deal Alert] Automatic Link OBD2 Adapter Available On Amazon For $79.99 (20% Off)
- [Deal Alert] 16GB Galaxy S III On T-Mobile, AT&T, Sprint, Or Verizon $99 From Best Buy For Today Only (New Contracts And Upgrades)
- PSA: Amazon Has A USB OTG Cable For Less Than A Dollar With Free Shipping, So You Should Probably Buy It
Automatic Link Review: The One Nag Whose Yammering Might Actually Improve Your Driving was written by the awesome team at Android Police.