AT&T is looking to make its prepaid service a bit more competitive with the options from carriers like T-Mobile and various MVNOs. The new GoPhone plans include increased data caps and free WiFi tethering. The best part – current customers get the upgrade automatically with no increased charge.
Here are the plan alterations listed by AT&T.
- Increased data from 2 to 2.5 GB for $60 a month + enabled Wi-Fi hotspot capability + unlimited talk
- Increased data from 250 to 500MB for $40 a month + 500 minutes of talk
- New plan (Wal-mart only) with 1GB of data for $45 a month + unlimited talk
- WiFi hotspot included
There is also a new basic phone plan with unlimited data, talk, and text for $45 per month.
- Verizon Introduces New ALLSET Prepaid Wireless Plans, Smartphone Options Start At $45 For 500MB
- T-Mobile Unveils Official Tethering Plan, Charges $15 For Something Root Users Have Been Enjoying For Free All Along
- T-Mobile Bringing Unlimited 4G Data Plan To Prepaid Starting January 9th
- Aio Wireless Drops Plan Prices And Boosts Data Caps, Offers Additional Discounts For Customers Who Set Up Auto Pay
AT&T Boosts Prepaid GoPhone Plans With More Data And Tethering At No Charge was written by the awesome team at Android Police.