If you have anything from Belkin’s WeMo line, there’s a chance you may be less-than-pleased with the app – it is pretty basic, after all. Today’s update, however, brings some much-needed usefulness to the table, like better integration with IFTTT, and a home security enhancement.
- Greater flexibility when scheduling events related to sunrise and sunset.
- New Rule: Away Mode makes it look you’re home even when you’re not.
- New IFTTT trigger: long-press the Light Switch to trigger customizable IFTTT recipes without turning on the light.
- Belkin’s WeMo App For Android Exits Beta, Now Available On Android 4.0+ Devices
- Belkin WeMo Motion, Switch, And Light Switch Review: Good Luck Getting Them To Work Right
- [CES 2013] Belkin Set To Bring WeMo To Android ‘Later This Year,’ Add Versatile Light Switch To WeMo Arsenal
- [Deal Alert] Belkin’s WeMo Light Switches, Power Outlets, And Motion Sensors On Sale (Up To 33% Off) At Amazon Gold Box
Belkin’s WeMo App Updated To v1.1.4, Gets Deeper IFTTT Integration, Long-Press Gestures, Away Mode, And More was written by the awesome team at Android Police.