Dropbox is probably the king of cloud storage. Well, if not the king, at least a high-ranking duke or something. So a great many people will be happy to hear the app is getting an update today to version 2.4, bringing with it a few design tweaks, as well as an interesting feature for linking new computers.
Here’s the changelog per Dropbox, plus what we’ve noticed in italics.
- Resolves issue preventing 3rd party app authentication
- Set up Dropbox on your computer using your phone’s camera
- New icon
- New file/folder icons in app
The computer linking is an interesting process.
- Dropbox For Android Updated To v2.3.11, Now Has Notification History, Direct Sharing With Contacts, New Logo (Apparently)
- This Is The Nexus 5, In Full-Size Official Press Photo Glory
- The Race Is On Again – Fast Web Installer Returns To AppBrain
- Themer Beta Adds Much-Needed Icon Pack Support And Bugfixes In Latest Update
Dropbox App Updated To v2.4 With A New App Icon, Linking Computers Entirely From The Phone, And Minor UI Tweaks was written by the awesome team at Android Police.