Google is sneaking one more update in this week, and it’s an odd one. After pushing out the new Docs and Sheets apps, Google is now updating the main Drive app and actually removing some functionality. You will now be prompted to install Docs or Sheets if you want to edit, but it’s not as bad as it sounds at first.
- Rearranged slide-out navigation panel with settings link (no longer in overflow menu)
- Prompts to install Docs and Sheets for editing capability
- Automatically uses Docs and Sheets apps in Drive
- New file button now in overflow menu
- New refresh item in overflow menu
The first thing you’ll notice when updating is that you need to have the new Docs and Sheets app installed to edit anything.
- [APK Download] Google Drive Update 1.2.461.14 Adds More Editing Features, Search, New Tablet View, And More
- Google Drive Update Brings New 1×1 Quick Scan Widget And Support For Animated GIFs [APK Download]
- Google Releases Dedicated Docs And Spreadsheet Apps For Android And iOS, Slides App Coming Soon
- Quickoffice Updated To Version 6.1.181 With Better Google Document Handling, Performance Improvements, And Bug Fixes
Google Drive App Updated To v1.3 – Now Requires New Docs And Sheets Apps For Editing Capability [APK Download] was written by the awesome team at Android Police.