Fans of Nova Launcher and WidgetLocker have long had support for bubble-style unread counts on some app icons thanks to TeslaUnread. The newest beta version of this app includes preliminary support for a ton of new apps, but you’ll have to opt into the beta.
Here’s the changelog, which is mostly just a list of newly supported apps.
- Hangouts (requires Hangouts v2.1)
- Notification Bar Watcher (Android 4.3+)
- Extract unread counts from Notification Bar notifications from virtually any app
- Facebook (Experimental, unsupported on HTC Sense)
- Press RSS (Experimental)
- Many bug fixes and optimizations
- Fixed FCs (4/29/14)
There are some caveats, of course, but this should make those little bubbles much more useful.
- Nova Launcher And TeslaUnread Updated With Support For More Unread Notifications
- Nova Launcher Updates With Jelly Bean 4.2 Compatibility, Quick Settings, And Other Goodies
- Nova Launcher Reaches Version 2.2, Introduces Custom Dock Styles, Unread Badge Styles, And New Scroll Effects
- Tip: Using WidgetLocker? It Has A Secret ‘Experimental’ Settings Menu, Too
New Beta Version Of TeslaUnread Adds Unread Counts For Hangouts, Whatsapp, BBM, Outlook, And More was written by the awesome team at Android Police.